PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 18:25
GlasgowBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin will never acquire BA. Regardless of who's funding it, it will NEVER pass the regulatory hurdles. Ditto for United buying American!

Enjoyed the Virgin-BA-United-American discussion however - made me laugh!

So in other news, I understand the three leisure A330s will be getting a LHR layout but still flying from LGW. The last A330 is due back from China Airlines imminently bringing the fleet up to full strength at ten, alongside eight refitted B744s on the beach fleet which really ought to see those Skytrax reviews getting better.
Does anyone know if this will affect their GLA-MCO route? Going by the VS website, it's showing as A333 with the 744 during the peak school holiday periods. As was the case last year.

So if VSXY/VINE/VKSS will be refitted to a 3-class config, does this mean that GLA will see only 744 service to MCO? Obviously, the only time the route has been 3-class is when the 744s have operated. It's a massive jump to go from Zero J one year, to 33J the next.

Apparently VS have been impressed with how their S13 GLA programme has sold thus far, so I wonder if we'll see the 744 for the full duration of the summer programme. Here's hoping!