PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Simulator compared with the real aircraft. Question
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 17:30
Skyglider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"In another life we trained on the real B737 because a suitable simulator was unavailable. Training was on a long runway and included simulated engine failure at V1 conducted by pulling back one throttle and continuing the take-off. The aircraft was easy to control with no undue yawing or rolling."

"In 2006 I had the CP pull an engine to idle on me at V1 during base training. Very easy to control for real (A320). "

"On a different plane years ago i flew the OPC in the real plane because there was no sim available in the world, V1 cut, SE approach and go-around lot easier than sim."

"I've had the pleasure of Sims in the 737 747 and 777 and then base training in the Aircraft where we did multiple circuits with failures. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that in all cases the Aircraft was easier to fly"

Can it be that the real aircraft(s) was very light during base training? & 1 eng. pulled to idle, so still producing some thrust, not a real eng. fail. In the sim did you try reproduce the exact same conditions? surely it's easier in the sim with 1 eng. pulled to idle & light weight VS the "standard" V1 cut with the pax & fuel weight in normal day to day operation?