PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 14:13
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spiderman

Quote:-All the airlines are making candidates do these exact tests or something similar... EK, BA... even ex-TREs on their 4th logbook. I guess the computer tests and group ex are far cheaper than hiring a sim if thats not part of the process?

Part of the problem with as you say making ex-TRE,s do these tests is that one of the tests that i did (not at Jet2) was using a set of command bars that looked just like a flight director and doing math at the same time, Aha you say easy ! well maybe for the ab-initio or those of the computor game age but when you have to unlearn thirty years of flying because the thing works in the reverse direction it fails to be a fair test for the most experienced in the business.

I know of one company that failed a TRE on the compass type tests and then called him back saying that if they could get him through the compass tests he had a job. As you might expect there were wiser heads in the industry who were keen to aquire his services without him having to go through the Compass test pantomime.

I cant help asking what was this game come to if people are spending £10,000 as preperation for an interview, it seems to be a cash cow for the HR parasites who take money from the airlines to set the tests and money from the pilots for the training to pass the tests.

Surely the fact that some of the candidates have had training in how to do the tests makes the results invalid.

Last edited by A and C; 23rd Nov 2012 at 14:17.