PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something to answer for AFT??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 10:10
farmer dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"we are well aware of the concerns with the ATPL Flight planning exam. Further, we are more concerned of the reason why so many candidates are failing. As I speak, I am marking random candidates workings for the CASA ATPL Flight planning exam, and am trying to establish a root cause"

Ummm, so there are two factors here. The candidates and the exam. As far as I can see the candidates haven't magically changed, nor has the way it is being taught (not just N.H.). G.S. claims nothing has changed with the exam, so why is there a 93% failure rate? Maybe its time for G.S. to look in the mirror for the real issue.

If there has been such a major change to the exam (which there obviously has been), then CASA needs to release new guidelines regarding the exam and content. This should have been done BEFORE the new exam came online.

As for the argument that the exam weeds pilots out of the system, I agree it is a good thing, BUT this is not the right way to do it. Don't go changing the goal posts without telling anyone and expect people to be ok with it. CASA is toying with peoples livelihoods.

Again, I urge people to make a complaint to CASA.

Farmer Dan.