PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why 2 pilots for a single pilot certified A/C
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 08:30
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice business tool the Bede!!! A few missiles on the front and you could eliminate your business competitors enroute to clinching a deal

Congestion in European airspace is a major problem. The regulators I am sure will cite the heavy workload and increased accident statistics of single pilot jet operations as a reason to eliminate them from RVSM airspace where most jets need to be.

I may have it wrong but knowing EASA????
The latest accelerate/stop distances is one example of EASA making us operate like AN AOC Eliminating us from 900 airports in Europe.
It may be a sensible move but will have a big impact on the viability of these smaller airports.
I was in Weston Dublin with the Citation a few days ago and chatting to the management they are concerned that they only have a small section of their huge runway licensed.
The ridiculous situation at Weston would be that jets could be stopped from operating there Even though there is enough Tarmac to land a 747.

Single pilot ops I am sure will be another target and RVSM airspace a neat hook to hang it on!
It is a simple move to add to RVSM airspace requirements the need to have two licensed crew in the aircraft.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 23rd Nov 2012 at 08:48.