PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - why 2 pilots for a single pilot certified A/C
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 08:15
tommoutrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Google Image Result for http://rob.com/pix/var/albums/oops/BD10/bd10_1.jpg%3Fm%3D1289693966

Bede 10.. its the way to go..

Out of interest, why do you see a time that single pilot aircraft will be banned from RVSM airspace? I've flown single pilot below, in, and above the RVSM and I don't really see why it would be a problem. The most difficult bit in a single pilot jet is trying to navigate whilst taxiing around an unfamiliar large airport - I really think thats a four eyes job! Being low to the ground its more difficult to see marker boards, see whats painted on the concrete etc. There is a bit of an issue with some SP jets in RVSM in that they are typically a bit slow - the mustang for instance can clog things up on occasion - but in the higher powered CJ's I would usually get above FL380 as quickly as possible and above the RVSM where I could for fuel burn and often to avoid headwinds so I'm not sure how much of a problem they really are. Thats just an opinion though - I have no idea how many controllers I've annoyed by creeping along at 0.72 in the past!