PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying slowly? PLEASE tell us!!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2003, 11:09
eastern wiseguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RD ....INDEED wthfd you know....I have prediction vectors and I use them ...they tell me a lot BUT the final arbiter in all of this is ME ..MY airspace and I will run as I see fit(although making a 737 70 miles astern of you number 1 does seem a bit rich!and to be honest I am sitting here thinking about relative speeds and catchup and wondering where on earth that happened.....the distances involved must have been either a/ huge or b/ you were in an extremely SLOW aircraft .The 146 isn't that bad is it? ).My judgement ,when I have aircraft approaching the same place at the same time is what determines the order.Surely it is not unreasonable to expect two aircraft flown to the same airport(obviously this is the approach phase when everyone is down at similar levels) by the same company to have a SIMILAR profile?thus assisting in my decision processes. I take on board the possible reasons for it but a little prior warning would help and it is not THAT much extra r/t. However thank you RD,patronising as ever,you imply that my job is so simple ...should we have standard speeds below FL100 and subject to that,long lazy vectors around the sky to acheive the required spacing? or can we show a little APPRECIATION of the problems we both face and run the system to all the customers advantage?

BRING BACK FAM FLIGHTS!!