PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus Crash near Dubbo
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 01:46
Stikybeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for reminding me Frank....

The water jump into Shoal Bay (Port Stephens...) from the Sh@thook. Another fun aircrew compulsory activity which preceeded the dreaded Comsurv (Combat Survival) course they used to run from YAMB... another great way to lose weight.....those were the days, no need to wait for Movember to grow a moustache back then.....

I'd forgotten all about that jump! Mine was in daylight (out of YWLM) and was static line after doing the tower run and spending the morning hanging about, shouting and getting shouted at back in the PTS hangar (when it used to be there..). I remember sitting in the back of the Chook and watching the PJI's clowning about on the ramp with one pretending to fall out the back and disappear whilst screaming while the other looked shocked! Great stuff, until it was your turn next after shuffling along hooked up....

Stiky

Afterthought....

One benefit I remember was if you wet your pants when you went off the ramp then no one would know because it was into water anyway.....

Hang on, if yours was at night were you jumping into Salt Ash and went a tad astray?