PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something to answer for AFT??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 01:37
josephfeatherweight

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts
The exam has been re-jigged and the answers are extremely tightly spaced.
Well, that's just not fair and ridiculous - particularly if this is a "change" from previous exams. You can't bring the goal posts closer together without industry involvement (eg training organisations). No matter what they say, if the current pass mark is as low as it appears, the exam is broke.

Surely the point of the exam is to assess the ability of an individual to demonstrate the application of the theory. The ridiculous rounding rules and abnormal fuel penalties (e.g. gear down climb) that are employed by CASA in this exam, guarantee that the answer (no matter how "accurate") is not realistic anyway. MANY people (not just AFT students) have been taught a particular method and "re-jigging" the exam is just not fair.

I'm disappointed that this has evidently come about as a result of cheating - so often the minority ruin it for the majority.

I believe writing to CLARC will not achieve a satisfactory outcome - it will just be forwarded to the person responsible, who, I am led to believe, strenuously denies anything is wrong/broken with the exam.

Farmer Dan's suggestion re the "CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner - Online complaint form" - is a good one - I'm finding myself agreeing with Farmer Dan every day! Please, for maximum effect, could those affected pursue this further!

I am extremely reticent to book my next exam until something has happened, though I'm not holding my breath...