PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 21:45
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 screw

Quite correct the fact I have no wish to join jet2, not because there is anything wrong with flying with them, I just have a job that works better for me.

It has long been an opinion of mine that tests such as the compass test are good for assessing trainning risk for new starters but not for experienced crew. Until the start of last year this was just my opinion untill I attended the CRM course run by this professor of educational psychology, he was quite outspoken about the subject and was of the opinion that a lot of airlines were getting ripped off by the HR companies that are ( in his opinion) mis-selling these tests and had a scientific basis for his statements.

Unfortunatly I think it is the fear of the lawyers that makes companies use such tests because they can point to something in the test if someone is dissatisfied by rejection, it is a lot harder to defend your actions in court if it is just the opinion of two management pilots.

I guess it is just another case of erosion of standards to satisfy the lawyers, just like the reluctance to let people hand fly the aircraft and the pendulum will swing back when it becomes clear that this type of testing is a wast of time and money just as the Air France A330 crash has focused the industry on the errosion of basic flying skills.