PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 19:56
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Gaunty, I'm sure you are justifiably proud of your achievement - developing the full suite of paperwork and CASA approvals in One Hundred days is indeed a feat.

However, there is just one question that bothers me and perhaps you could enlighten me:

You say that the entire responsibiity for the Westwind ditching is to be born by the pilot - Dominic James.

By implication, you are also stating that quibbling over the state of the Pel Air Operations manual, Pel Air procedures (or lack of them), CASA and Pel AIr supervision and training and Air Services Weather reports is irrelevent. The buck stops with the pilot.

Doesn't that conclusion imply that your entire One Hundred Day certification achievement is meaningless?

You cannot deride criticisms of CASA and Pel AIrs operational paperwork as unimportant while at the same time trumpeting the importance of your own paperwork and approvals.

To put that another way, why would you expect your pilots to operate to your standards and procedures when whatever they do, they are going to bear the full responsibility of any accident? Isn't your paperwork merely window dressing?

Please explain.

Last edited by Sunfish; 22nd Nov 2012 at 19:57.