PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea heli ditching: Oct 2012
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 17:01
Pablo332

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things appear to getting far to serious here.
Letts lighten the mood with a little survey of all the engineers that might be watching.
With regard to the Mlube system.
Did you find the N0 1 engine interface (A) bizarre no gasket and the clamp appears to have an imperial nut on it. Strange for a metric aircraft (B) apparently designed for the job.
P2.4 valve had any problems? (A) almost always leaks, to one degree or another(B) appears designed for the job.
P2.4 intercooler. (A) There is no A (B) designed for the job
Hose intercooler to P2,4 pressure sw manifold. (A) strange angle should have had a 45 degree angle on it.It always looks crushed(B) designed for the job.
Pipework from manifold to MGB. (A) how do you test that without removing the box? (B) designed for the job.
Glycol pump had any problems (A) not since I installed the replacement (B) designed for the job.
Maintenance panel had any problems? (A) it appears to dispense glycol into the MGB every time I put the battery on post maintenance, (B) appears designed for the job.
Pressure switches had any problems? (A) not to my knowledge apparently someone has quite recently. (B) Appears designed for the job.
Procedure in maintenance Manuel for testing M lube system (A) please don’t interrupt me I’m searching the hangar to coble something together. I’ve no chance of reproducing the Mk 1 regulator as I’m a new operator my makabel kit looks nothing like the picture trying to find something to fit the hose from the engine is doing my head in, how the hell do you get shop air to test it with at the required pressure without the P2.4 valve sounding like its about to mutate (B) designed for the job.

Edited to remove poor spelling.

Last edited by Pablo332; 22nd Nov 2012 at 17:05.