PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay mulls 787-10 to replace A330s
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 16:31
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sensible post Silverfuchs. The only point I take issue with is that the 787-10 is unknown in terms of actual performance (paper airplane). While that is technically correct (in fact its production has not even been approved by Boeing's board yet), it is not difficult to extrapolate from the 787-8 which flies today and arrive at very reliable numbers for the -10. That is how the 25% more efficient than the A333 figure is derived. I suppose it's possible that there could be fuselage-extension engineering hiccups along the way, but Boeing will probably work through any of those on the -9 model before the -10 is produced. So the only real questions are when will it be available and how much will it cost.

Dart,

If this is so boring to you, feel free to stop reading, much less posting on the topic. Your attempts to insult are meaningless. I happen to like airplanes and discussing them on this site. Every once in a while I actually learn something, and I hope some of my posts allow others to do the same. Does it matter that I prefer Boeing over Airbus and write accordingly? Not PC enough for you?