PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA harassing foreign air crews ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2003, 08:58
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Could not believe it myself

Unfortunately the story I told is one that I can confirm. I found it hard to believe for reasons mentioned by Danny and Lou Scannon. As to why would they do it? Well to show the power they have, to cover their lack of training and judgement with aggressive behaviour. Being smart was not one of the prerequisites to become a screener.

A-V-8-R, You got it right

"No Flight Attendent I know of wears an underwire bra anymore because they will get felt up to insure a weapon/knife/pick isn't hidden in the bra."
This was apparently the reason for the search. How a F/A that is just short of 60 constitutes for a threat that would warrant a strip search just beats me. Whats next ? A cavity search?

I am not sue how "interfering with crewmembers in cnduct of theiur duties" Exactly applies to this case but I will tell this to the person in question. Video taped or not. I am sure that TSA people can justify their actions, regardless how inappropriate they are, and in this case use the weapon/knife/pick hidden in the bra suspicion as their exuse.

I hope that these are isolated cases as there clearly have been positive encounters with TSA.

How does the negative publicity affect travle to US. I have heard more often than once people saying that they just do not want to travle to US anymore. A friend of mine flying for a EU company said that if he was scheduled for a trip to US, he would try to swap it and if unable call in sick. I hear more and more of this from people flying for living. I am sure that the travelling public has been put off as well.

JJ