PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CPL to Brasilian
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 14:38
EdForce6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading all the blogs on PPrune on the BR matters .... i think to my self !!

Its totally understood on the close market system that Brasil has for a non-brasilian pilot, up to some point.

Most countries and most airlines have that following thought. Even in euro, with all the equals, and open minded aspects, are now thinking about theirs before others, CRISIS !!!

BUT ... what makes me think twice on these matters, is the following !!

A person goes through the ruff to validate his license, wich most Brasilian born pilots can say that ANAC is not a simple nor a fast worker, although it is getting better as the months go on, i up now have no complains except the long waiting periods that i have had, anyway, he/she waits nearly if not more than a year to get the license, if issued !!! adding to it, you can put the years of living in the country and working in most cases in another industry to pay bills.

After all that he can only do private flying! thats ok, but what aero club allows you to rent a plane for solo flying ? with out the dude next to you !!!

Then its all to the topic that we are talking about, you cant, or they (airlines) will not take you on.

BUT ... many brasilian pilots flavour the aspect of other countries, with difficult buro paperworks, allowing them to fly and validate their license with a more easy process. The middle east is a prime example, or china. Australia at the moment is in need for pilots, have you the points required to get a Perm. visa, you can fly commercially - with all the mīs and līs in that word.

Frustrating as it is, one just waits and sees how the process is here in BR. And at the end you get what you get, you will know what i mean if you live and work in BR.