PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 13:08
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just after some advice as to what to do! As you are aware QF is making redundant 204 engineers and I could be one of those to go. (I do not believe they will get the VR they are after)
Having read the current EBA’s both for the LAME’S and AME’sI am struggling to find out how they will select the people for CR. It is my opinion that A380/H96 people will be spared and they will target the “legacy” people.
This may be true about the A380/H96, but then again, maybe not. They employed a lot of A380 people on the assumption that they were getting more A380's than they already have or are getting.

Will current up-skillers be classed as fully time served AME? Will it be a performance related selection??
Is it worth “hanging around” waiting for the tap on the shoulder or jump if you have a chance? I would just like to know my odds of having a job in the New Year. Also what will happen after the redundancies have finished? Will a new engineering department grow from the ashes! or just less people and even worse career prospects.
We are all in the same boat. I am treating myself as though I could be in this lot of redundancies, or the next one behind it. I am waiting for the tap. Like a lot of guys, I have a mortgage, kids and won't choose to go, but if told to go, then I have no choice but to go. I am of the assumption that if given CR, you don't have to wait as long for unemployment benefits than if you take VR. I could be wrong on this one. Who knows how they will choose those to go? I'm sure there are private black lists or hit lists, and these could be used.

Like I stated at the start, just after some advice as what to do. It is the unknown which is the worst bit.

The ultimate decision is yours. You have to take into account your financial situation, whether you have a job lined up, if you're tied to a family or mortgage, etc etc.

Hope this helps.