PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I just read that Goma Airport has been
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 12:02
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain...

I was driving to school in Marlboro, Vermont, population 931, when I heard about Goma, on National Public Radio, their re-broadcast of some obscure overseas network called "the BBC..."

I dunno what BBC means, Bavarian Broadcasting Company or something like that, but the guy had a real funny accent, sort of like he had a plum in his mouth, and he stuttered a lot.... Anyway, yes, he mentioned that thing about the M23 and how they had marched into Goma unopposed.

It might be very hard cheese for anyone landing at the airport in the near future, since they might be met by a "technical" as a not-exactly "FOLLOW ME" but a "YOU AH UNDAH ARESS!" vehicle. Personally, I never worried about that sort of thing very much, except for the few times I had been unavoidably detained in various African beauty spots.

My cousin went to the London airport on the M25 once and he said that was "a nightmare," so if the M23 is anything like that then I guess it must be pretty bad.

Nowadays "I don't things like this" either, but if I ever get back to Africa I will be sure to let you know how it's going nowadays, Mr. Spike. Meanwhile, enjoy the company of your fellow tards here in the stupid old US of A. Keep that bib on, buddy, and stand by for more "spoon feedings!"