PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laws for ambulance missions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 11:58
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks much for the input pace !

where did you checked the legal position about this ?

i think that it may be a difference by law when you transport a dying family member to do a favour for a friend in a private manner or when an airline company does this commercially with an official bill for the transport .

the big question is : an airline company does not need any further approval beyond the obvious AOC for commercial flying when carrying out intensive care ambulance missions ?

and further from a pilots view who is just employed by the airline company - as a captain i do not have any further responsibility for the patient beyond performing a safe flight ?

we perform often such intensive care ambulance ( commercially) , and on the last flight with an infant in an inkubator and the mom also onboard i discussed with the colleque that it would be most probably not very pretty when the infant would die infront the eyes of the mother and if i would get away with this as the commander of the aircraft when you truly land with a dead body .

common sense dictates i cannot take the medical responsibility for the child , but we both do not have a definitive answer what the actual law is about this.