PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea heli ditching: Oct 2012
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 09:18
Pittsextra

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes I understand the stable state logic and I guess they have increased the priority for data collection for the relevant components. Although given the sweep of data collection takes around 30 minutes and the helicopter to be in a normal flight regime some condition indicators might not log very much data. In fact it would be interesting to see a data table for what is actually logged.

The time critical nature of indentifying a faliure and the effective lack of reliable data within timescales that correlate with the short time available to indentify any failure mean that with the current system its very hit and miss.

Especially given the need to indentify a significant up trend... So what is that absolutely??

As for flying on for 30 mins well forget that, it is the single most stupid piece of advice anyone could give.

Edited to add :- if you can tell from the download time at what point in the flight the acquisition was made why does the 3 hour flight time not start from that point??

Also I understood that if no data acquisitions had been made for 10 hours flight time it would flag?

Last edited by Pittsextra; 22nd Nov 2012 at 09:21.