PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something to answer for AFT??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 05:25
drpixie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok - I'll add to the stats.

I sat the exam today. Had previously self studied - been unclear about reserves required for various situations and just failed (69% ). Was pissed as I'm normally pretty good at this type of stuff.

So I bought Rob Avery's notes and practice exams. I'm confident that I now understand the subject well, and can do accurate plans in reasonable time. Today I got 38% - really pissed now.

I have seen both the old exam and the new one. The new one is just LOTS of detailed plans (full or partial) with VERY close answers. Mostly covering fuel burn - I saw nothing on PNR, and only one or two simple CPs. One or two other small questions (max alt, fuel burn...). So it's LOTS and LOTS of detailed plans.

I don't believe the exam answers are correct. Of course I will have made mistakes, but there were plenty of high score questions where I am very confident I calculated the question sensibly, but obviously didn't get the points.

So - no point throwing more good money after bad, if the 6% pass rate is true. What Can we do?

Is this CASA, in panic mode over the Senate enquiries and the Pelair stuff, making sure Dominic What'sHisName doesn't pass FPL?

Or protecting there ass because someone up north was passing around answers?

Either way it's really fckg ridiculous.

Last edited by drpixie; 22nd Nov 2012 at 05:29.