PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something to answer for AFT??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 02:08
milehighsociety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sat NH's course earlier this year.

Whilst he used practice questions extensively, he still taught the course thoroughly and I have absolutely no doubts about recommending his course to any pilot.

After having completed my ATPL I can say there was not exam where ASL did not have some sort of problem with the computers, the server, CASA's server etc etc. Literally not one exam. I sat some in Queensland and some in Bankstown. Both locations experienced similar problems.

I contacted the relevant head of CASA licencing and examinations. He didnt really seem to care much, and made blind excuses for everything. He did say that changes were due as this year progressed however.

Im no pointing the finger as I simply dont know. My best guess however, is that they made an ass of the changes and didnt test it. Id be surprised if they ever admitted it. Typical CASA disorganisation, lack of professionalism and blatant disregard for the pilots they serve.

Im sure nothing will be done to change this of course....

Moral of the story - AFT was a great course in my opinion. Have a look where most issues lie in aviation...