PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broadband dilemma
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2012, 23:52
Milo Minderbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sending letters to the Chairman can work

A few years back BT contracted out a lot of broadband home installation work to an agency called Anovo, who in turn subbed it out further......
Anyway, I was working as contractor to one of the subcontractors.....it gets confusing
But the point was....most of the jobs which came my way were escalated cases which had been passed through by the team responsible for dealing with the Chairman's letters. Its quite probable he never saw them, but he had a full time team dealing with them. And they got the complaints sorted.
The jobs that came my way were the ones where the regular BT staff had fupped up in a big way. Examples were......enabling broadband on the neighbours phone line, not the customers.........engineers not turning up on three occasions because the job despatchers were relying on the postcoding software - and handing out the wrong address.......incorrect fitting of ADSL filters by BT staff...
As far as I'm aware BT eventually took the work back in-house after they abandoned their home computer support business attempt. It had been good money for me while it lasted. But the point is....complaining to the Chariman DID work for those customers