PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 21st Nov 2012, 22:15
Pterois Volitans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!

Just after some advice as to what to do! As you are aware QF is making redundant 204 engineers and I could be one of those to go. (I do not believe they will get the VR they are after)
Having read the current EBA’s both for the LAME’S and AME’sI am struggling to find out how they will select the people for CR. It is my opinion that A380/H96 people will be spared and they will target the “legacy” people. Will current up-skillers be classed as fully time served AME? Will it be a performance related selection??
Is it worth “hanging around” waiting for the tap on the shoulder or jump if you have a chance? I would just like to know my odds of having a job in the New Year. Also what will happen after the redundancies have finished? Will a new engineering department grow from the ashes! or just less people and even worse career prospects.
Like I stated at the start, just after some advice as what to do. It is the unknown which is the worst bit.
Pterois Volitans

Last edited by Pterois Volitans; 21st Nov 2012 at 22:24. Reason: .