PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atpl Professional Flying..if You Were To Do It All Again....
Old 25th Jan 2003, 21:52
Bovey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brett,

Well done, most people do not even get this far where they want to do something else with their life.

A friend of my husbands who is nearing 50 secured a business jet job within the last 6 months . She wanted to fly commercial jets but alas was too old, however she is thoroughly enjoying what she is doing now. Less than 12 months ago she thought she was never going to get a job having paid for all of that training.

So whatever you are thinking, yes it is possible, the odds are against you but nobody got anywhere by risking nothing. And most people I know (slightly younger) who are training to be pilots after seeing the light have re-mortgaged, sold their souls, used every single penny they can get their hands on. Two chaps who are flying jets still owe over £20K of their training costs and they have been flying over 18months.

So what! If you can afford to do it and you have the desire... do it. If you don't,you will never know what could have been. The only advice I would give is get networking... it really helps.

Good Luck

Bovey.

P.S. May of 1999, my husband had his CPL/IR and no job with minimum hours - by Feb 2001 he started flying 757's for JMC, shortly he is about to start flying for Britannia flying 757's (his last move). ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT IT ENOUGH