PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serengeti moving away from flying?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2012, 10:10
SpyderPig

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Serengeti moving away from flying?

After some opinions and advice from guys and gals in the higher ranks of the game. Looking to upgrade my sunglasses and after shopping for some much touted Serengeti's I find that less and less options for non-polarized lenses are available.

Speaking to the sales woman about the need for un-polarized lenses she tried to convince me that the new "PHD polar" lens was just like flying in non-polarized glasses due to "new technology" and I would not encounter traditional polarization issues associated with glass cockpits or heated windscreens. When I asked how she knew the effects I was concerned about (being a GA pilot where the closest thing to glass in my cockpit is my 96c) she said she had sold these new lenses to numerous pilots without complaint.

After research I can find nothing to confirm or deny this and now looking to the community for advice. While flying in polarized glasses is not ideal is anyone having any real issues apart from changing the angle the look at a PFD with? I ask because even thought Im years away from a airliner, Id like to think the hundreds Im spending on my eyes while on a GA wage they might last me a while!

Is anyone wearing the Randolph range? Figure the USAF and NASA cant be too wrong?