PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 21st Nov 2012, 10:09
Sosij Sizzl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched the lot and read the lot.
So did I. That's why I parroted your condescending remarks back at you.

Are you seriously able to come to the conclusion that no systemic issues within the management of the AOC holder’s operations, or within the ATS system, or within the rules about this kind operation, contributed to this accident? Seriously?
Alas, I wasn't able to head off the reductio ad absurdum, but I'll endeavour to clear it up!
  • Yes, I am comfortable after reading the report that the overwhelming failing in the incident was the PIC's failure to process changing weather information and conduct the flight accordingly.
  • Yes, I am glad I wasn't faced with the circumstances he was that day.
  • Yes, I have empathy for both he and his pax.
  • Yes, I was listening when my instructor told me that no matter how fastidious the engineering standards, pre-flight checks and operational planning are, every single flight carried out in every single jurisdiction in the world is ILLEGAL for one reason or another, and that will often come out in the event of an accident. It is a complex industry.
  • No, I will never declare that there were no contributing factors, flawed procedures, ambiguities, inadequate or incomplete regulations for this flight or any other (see above).

Are you seriously able to come to the conclusion that the experience of the survivors, in relation to the effectiveness and operation of the emergency procedures and emergency equipment, provides no information that is relevant or of concern to the other people who (to this day) are carried on aircraft with those procedures and that emergency equipment? Seriously?
  • All knowledge is sacred and there was some very valuable stuff in there. But I'd prefer there were no lessons learnt from that flight at all. So would plenty of others, I suspect.