PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK AIRWAYS info
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2012, 09:47
gulfair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest from rak airways recruitment

Just finished the interview process. It goes like this. We arrive at air arabia training centre for evaluation. Rak had booked me a low cost ticket wich gave no time between getting to hotel and then going to interview(so i booked my own ticket). we were greated by the DFO.
The DFO is of Afghani origin, cant speak a word of english and basically looked over documents. questions asked were, "why Rak" answer well nobody else is taking me. he went on to ask tell me what you know about rak airways.

we were then given a technical questionair all airbus systemseverything was rush rush rush.

we then met by the Training manager, this guy thinks he is cool. he told us the profile. muscat (oman) runway 08 and 26, V1 cut, engine fire after take off, crosswind landing 30 knots. then VOR approach single engine, followed by go around. finally emergency evac on ground. Sim profile was relatively straight forward. the exam is done by the egyptian training manager and the low houred DFO on type sits in the sim with him monitoring. i think i done very well in the assesment and from the looks of it will be offerred a job. However the best is still to come, they have a 25,000usd bond and if you leave within 3 years you need to pay it back (thats why i wont be going)
to summ up.
everything was rush rush rush, the DFO's english was awful but seemed to be a nice guy, 95% of flying is all night flying, you need to live in RAK as roster changes are daily.you have a very large bond.Pilots are leaving weekly for better options. I have spent most of my career working for middle easter airlines and left AA for this same rubbish and to be honest RAK is clearly not for me. Everyone i had spoken to has said to avoid the airline.

I went for the interview as nothing else available right now, if they offer me a Job ofcourse I will take it but will insist on no bond, AND WILL HAPPILLY work for 6 months or even 6weeks and leave

THEY ARE CLEARLY DESPERATE AND WOULD HAVE EVEN WANTED ME TO START AFTER MY SIM ASSESMENT