PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilots against hours increase
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2003, 21:42
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ladies and Gents

As a self confessed groundie, whos shift takes him from daylight to darkness every 16 days.
(... and with no stir factor intended)

How does BUPA stand?
Could someone plse confirm how the bill started? interested, thats all.

In over 15 years of short haul flying Ops, I have had very few cases of fatigue sickness. I have more fingers than cases. I do not doubt the work is hard, plse do not get me wrong. Every case of (claimed) fatigue has been notified PRE rest period.
In that time I have seen the traditional CAP371, JAR ops based FTLS and those turned upside-down for night freight.

Pure opinion, every time fatigue is an issue, but the complainant is prepared to drive 2Hrs home? What rules, what liability.
As for crew prepared to sit in a car park one hour away from base for 9 hours of standby, to be called out after eight, fly for 6, and drive 2 hrs home. Self induced fatigue.

Please do not get me wrong, 100% flight safety is mandatory. Help yourselves to help yourselves.

Whatever, FLY SAFE AND STRAIGHT.

Bored

PS, Living 4 miles from my ground base, I take the bus, hassle factor high, put my life in the hands of the driner, but never put the key in the door and think i do not remember driving home. That did become the case!