PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2012, 08:35
Nakata77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the airport will make a profit with the commercial expansion on the N side then thats great even with little or no growth in the passenger side for now. Still better than a lot of the UK regional airports.

EI-BUD (that's an Aer Lingus 737-300 right?) I think I wasn't clear enough. I didn't mean easyJet would be interested in BOH-DUB, just that Ryanair didn't make a predatory move on EI's BOH route.

Of course there is demand during the winter - just not to some of the crazy places Ryanair fly to! People don't stop flying between Nov-Mar. But they certainly will not pay what they pay in the summer to fly from somewhere like BOH to somewhere like Carcassone or Wroclaw or Pisa were the weather can be just as bad as BOH. FR's own business model is at fault. They have to ground 80 aircraft each winter. Does easyJet ground that many a/c? No because they are serving airports people need to get to year-round.

Another point: FR's DUB-UK market has been drastically cut back all over UK due DUB airport fees and 737-800 being too big. Nothing to do with BOH specifically. And no reflection on potential demand from BOH to other cities.

Last edited by Nakata77; 21st Nov 2012 at 08:37.