PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defect Reports
Thread: Defect Reports
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2012, 03:36
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HF3000 and other Crew who always do the right thing please understand. We have raised these issues with CASA and Qantas and they don't care. We know nearly all of you do the right thing but some do not. I have started this thread in an area where us as aviation people can talk about it because I don't know what else to do. I said before, it is not AIPAs job to pass it on.

The sad thing is that CASA and the airline don't care. The thread originally started with a pretty tame example that can be explained away as a paperwork error. I have one now that is real and in my view is shocking. What am I supposed to do with it? Without too much detail it goes like this -
  • Nil
  • Nil
  • Nil
  • After takeoff nose wheel vibration progressively getting worse each of last 4 sectors.
There was an event before the Nil sectors that most likely caused this problem and the crew did know about it. I won't explain it here because I have no intention of anyone being identified.

If the above example was legit (I have seen the paperwork so pretty sure it is) does anyone think it ok to report a defect that has been known over 4 sectors on the last one?