PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atpl Professional Flying..if You Were To Do It All Again....
Old 25th Jan 2003, 21:01
F3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If money is no object then do it. The sense if acheivment at the end is exquisitely supreme.
But as a warning to anyone who needs a return on their training, after the week of celebration has dissolved to the past and you are no longer living at an airport immersed in aviation, with aviators, you quickly feel very much out of the loop - isolated (thank God for PPRuNe, BALPA, IPA and Co-Pilot).

The IR/MEP, SEP and medical revalidations creep up with surprising speed, usually just as the bank is screwing you a bit more and people who don't understand think you've spent the price of a house on a pointless ego trip (if any of my friends tells me once more that "easyjet are recruiting you know?" I will leather them!)
As you may have gathered there are some BAD days when I wish I had never looked at an aeroplane, but when the rare chance comes along that I can fly for 30Mins. I'm glad I did.

Despite the above, I wouldn't change a thing. As long as I hold a valid licence/medical then I have as good a chance as the next person - and I know that living wondering 'what if?' would of caused me to become more unhinged than I may seem at present.

Good luck with the course brett, if you go for it.