PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 21:53
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "No, I mean bcn_boy, I suspect the poor guy rented in Hounslow on day when they were landing on 09L....."

..... and taking off on 09R and doing noise abatement turns over Hounslow, Whitton, Sunbury.

Quote: "I have friends who have lived all their days in Richmond and don't noice anymore, in my experience, it is the incomers (from Barcelona I wonder?) who kick up the biggest fuss. It's part and parcel of London life I'm afraid."

Indeed, anyone who has lived under the flightpath for a long time will appreciate how much quieter (and cleaner) today's aircraft are compared to the early jets of the late 1950s and 1960s.

Some may say "not quiet enough" and/or "not quickly enough", but progress is being made, and by the time the rwy(s) are built, quieter aircraft such as the B787, B747-8 and A350 will be in service.

To a large extent it is the incomers who kick up the biggest fuss, and they tend to live a fair distance from Heathrow: there appears to be much more moaning from the residents of Clapham and Putney, for example, than from those in Cranford, on the 27R threshold.

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 20th Nov 2012 at 21:57.