PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flap retraction
Thread: Flap retraction
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 21:46
tommoutrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt you raise a point about turn radii as described in book 2 of doc 8168. I don't deal with this problem by just flying all departures in the same configuration. If the turn radii require specific speeds that mean the use of flap I brief the use of flap for that reason. That's pretty rare for me as most of my flying now is in Africa but there are plenty where I do this in Europe.

Your comment about acceleration altitudes higher that 1500 feet interests me. Whats your AA out of Geneva? I'm quite happy to go offline with the chat and do it by email if you like but I'm interested in your concept of selecting an AA higher than 1500 feet.

By the way, what do you fly and whats your actual profile for a noise abatement departure and a non noise departure?

Cheers

Tom

By the way, can you post me a reference to a flap retraction height in a Boeing manual. Its not in the 757 manual because I've checked and I was on the phone to a guy doing a 737 rating earlier who has checked with his instructors and its not in the 737 manual either. As we have already established earlier in the thread, its not in the Gulfstream manual, its not in the Bombardier manual and I haven't seen a post with an AFM reference which gives 400 feet as a flap retraction criteria yet. I'm not saying that one doesn't exist, I'm simply saying I haven't seen one and nobody, for all their comments, has posted one yet.

Last edited by tommoutrie; 20th Nov 2012 at 21:55.