PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA UK prosecutions
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 19:43
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA laws

I deem a change from HV curves, VORs, and the current slanging match is overdue. So just to warn others ... Entering the hire car return station at Madrid Airport, my co-pilot called ... "police car following us." Quite possible as I had been changing lanes too much in an effort to locate the Europcar depot.

With some misgivings I braked to a halt behind the police who wanted to know if we were carrying drugs or large amounts of cash. I was highly suspicious but didn't fancy driving off followed by a bullet. With our bags searched, an amount of Irish £20s (Northern) Sterling and Euros on show totalled £2k, The villains snatched the lot including co-pilot's cell phone and jumped into the open door of their car. I had time to take the registration but co-pilot was more determined and leaped after the car but was swiped aside fortunately at a bare 20 mph.

At the Madrid Airport police station we met a couple who had just suffered the same scam. The Airport guys were good but I've little doubt we will never see our money.

I know its obvious, but the sensible course of action has to be to keep the car doors locked and continue to drive at reduced speed to a more secure place. I'm still a learnin' tho'

Now back to the PP scrap! Much more fun ... Regards to all. Dennis K.