PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 15:48
lostmyshoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
long time reader first time poster. Apologies of these are stupid questions but i have searched and read the whole thread!

1) Obviously ba arent going to promise you a job at the end of the course, but "if jobs are available" covers a wide range of sins. Is it just oil at $400 a barrel and ww3 covering their arse? How many people are waiting for jobs at the moment? is there a furlough/waiting list and is it ordered? are any bmi guys on it? what about ffp graduates from previous years? So what are the odds of a job? if you pass ffp2012 are you guaranteed to be added to the list or could ba just start hiring FOs with hours and leave you waiting forever?

(fwiw i wouldnt pay ctc/oaa/fte a penny for a frozen atpl, i went to a comprehensive school, i dont live with my parents, am in my mid 30s, and i would be borrowing the money from a bank!)

2) what kind of rota would you get on short haul? is it in chunks? are you on standby all the time? hence making living closeby essential?

3) say each trainer has 25 places how many will they put through to stage 3 at ba? not looking for confidential info, but if someone has been to stage 3 previously and there were X days of interviews and on the day you went there were Y people it would give an idea if the trainers are putting through say 50 or 500.

Thanks