PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 15:38
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new Ryanair Krakow service from Cork appears to be performing well from accounts which have come my way in the last week or so - last Friday afternoon's flight which, incidentally, diverted to Katowice due to fog (!!) at Krakow was jammed and yesterday's flight from Krakow to Cork was also near to full so it looks like Cork people are using the service as a new winter weekend break destination - starved as they are from not too many new weekend type destinations in recent years, I guess? I know that after yesterday's flight landed at Krakow the boarding began very quickly indeed so that may indicate the outbound load was on the lowish side. However, all in all Krakow has every chance of doing well in my opinion and this must be encouraging. So, Ryanair, any chance of Bratislava for Vienna!!?

Pretty, pretty, please even!

There is another interesting tale from yesterday at Cork Airport. What was probably Cork's longest ever bizjet flight occured yesterday when the fairly regularly Cork based A319CJ, G-NOAH, departed Cork around noon for the nearly nine hour non stop flight to Bridgetown, Barbados. Some feat when you think about it be it from Cork or indeed anywhere else.

The reconstruction work of Taxiway Charlie is continuing apace. The runway surface itself will probably need attention too in the not too distant future if, and it is a big if, funds allow. Out of curiousity, if the surface was to receive a nice new covering would it make a difference to the Pavement Classification Number?

Who knows, if it did, Cork may on occasion be in line to receive the odd KLM 777 diversion if required!