PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flap retraction
Thread: Flap retraction
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 13:12
BizJetJock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biz jet, you'll upset Cessna if you say it was certified part 23. They voluntarily certified it part 25 for take off and landing and spend a bucket load of cash doing it.
I was really referring to the quality of documentation and procedures rather than the performance - it leaves quite a lot to be desired!

My point really is that the manufacturer doesn't specify, so we have plenty of leeway without contradicting anything in the AFM.

At the same time as EU-OPS operators we are obliged to fly NADP's - it is not optional! (OPS1.235 or if you're getting really ahead then CAT.OP.MPA.130)

And that's before you get into any discussions about engine out procedures. Apart from the esoteric arguments about performance, I have plenty of times in training seen people get themselves into trouble by trying to fly their normal profile following an engine failure. So it is much better to have a procedure where you climb to the same acceleration altitude regardless of number of engines. The only difference is the speed you fly to get there.

And just for clarity, you are flying a speed up to the AA, not a fixed pitch or a VS.