PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 20th Nov 2012, 10:40
Sosij Sizzl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a controller, I've been a vocal opponent of Airservices' policies in the past and undoubtedly will be again in the future, however:

From past experience, I already knew that Heffernan stunk worse than things I have scraped off the sole of my shoe, and has an intellect to match, but on Monday he moved me to deep shame. Shame that a person like this with his foul, obnoxious behaviour and spiteful, juvenile, name-calling vitriol could be elected to high office in my country, not to mention be made Chair of an important inquiry like this one.

I am equally embarrassed that people in my industry and organisation can be so keen to try and score points against Airservices, that they would use this inquiry to try and piggyback on the daft, ill-informed nonsense that a couple of those Senate clowns tried to peddle without having the gumption to actually think it through for themselves. Harfield's answers were measured and accurate throughout. He deadset nailed it with his responses and tried to deliver a lesson in reality, but he'd been lined up from a long way out and nobody in that room was going to listen to his responses. To suggest that Airservices is culpable for another ICAO State's procedures and should be informing them of their shortcomings is pure farce. Staib started strong but unfortunately wilted a bit under the pressure and gave credence to their twaddle - natural for someone new to the spotlight?

There are reasons for hammering Airservices, but this ain't one of them.