PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How easy/difficult to get at SAA with FAA certificates
Old 20th Nov 2012, 05:55
Ghost_Rider737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason , and I'm sure you all know why , being from the preferred ethnic group is an advantage only because SAA , like Cathay , Air Mauritius , Kenya Airways , Egypt Air and most other legacy carriers have the right to hire whoever they please . Ideally a legacy carrier should represent every demographic equally.

Until this happens at SAA , which will take at least another 10 years to correct , a specific ethnic group will have an advantage. If anyone has a problem with that don't apply. Simple !

The airlines I mentioned above , except SAA, are all trying to replace expats with local pilots. Is this not something every legacy carrier should be doing ?

Provided of course the candidate is found suitable !

Having just given my 2 cents worth , SAA is still hiring candidates from all ethnic groups in South Africa. That's why I will say this again , SAA is an equal opportunities employer !

If anyone thinks I'm smoking my socks , ask one of your mates at SAA to show you the latest seniority list !!!

Last edited by Ghost_Rider737; 20th Nov 2012 at 05:59.