PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night VFR Question
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2003, 17:06
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
dogcharlietree,

I think you may be confusing the NVFR requirements.

CAO 40.2.1 applies to an IFR rated pilot changing to NVFR. It allows you to fly an aircraft above 5700kg NVFR. It also allows you to fly NVFR charter ops. NVFR charter requirements are those in para 14 listed above.

CAO CAO 40.2.2 applies to a holder of a NVFR rating (not you). You cannot do charter at night, cannot fly aircraft above 5700 kg at night.

CAO 40.2.2

3 AUTHORITY GIVEN BY RATING

3.1 Subject to subsections 5 and 6, a night V.F.R. rating authorises the holder of
the rating:
(a) in the case of an aeroplane grade of night V.F.R. rating to fly as pilot in
command of aeroplanes having a take-off weight not exceeding 5700kg on
private or aerial work flights
within Australia by night under the V.F.R.; or
If you have 4000 hrs at night, you must have an unrestricted MECIR, therefore you meet the requirements of CAR 5.01A, which covers most of Appendix 1. With 4000 night landings you must have at least two hours in the circuit at night. I would be very surprised if you have not had a route check at night over 3 hrs / 100 nm.

As for the flight test aspect you would have had to demostrate you compentancy to an approved person (ie check and training) under CAO 82 series.

If I were you I would first go to CASA, ask for a NVFR test form NVFR Application Rating application form (or print this one out) and see if the deligate at the front desk or an foi will give you the rating based on the MECIR.