PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority in the Qantas Group
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 03:38
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

So let me understand this correctly KABOY. When Qantas management pilots went down to talk to Souther, the management pilots stated that AIPA would not support another Y seniority list?!?!

So you'll excuse me if this sounds like a lot of people saying that AIPA knocked it on the head but in reality no one never actually got around to asking AIPA directly or got a direct answer. Direct correspondence or specific references to meetings with AIPA reps will suffice.

Just humour me though, what was the proposal that was put forward? Was it a genuine Y seniority whereby the Southern crew maintained seniority in their side of things but were junior to every QF driver as at a particular date if they went after a QF job (and then every QF driver was subsequently junior to the Southern crew after that date)? Or did they want date of joining moving across into mainline? Again, specific proposals or references to them would be handy.

In terms of the former then they could have achieved the same aim by just joining QF and it was up to Qantas management to employ them in those circumstances, not AIPA.

So would love to hear some of the blanks filled in. Preferably you can fill them in before you tell me I'm 'wrong' again. I'm more than happy to admit that AIPA has on occasion dropped the ball but I prefer to operate with all the facts out that paint the full picture rather than just the selective ones that paint AIPA as the bad boys here.

Last edited by Keg; 20th Nov 2012 at 03:41.