PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2012, 00:27
Sick Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've just had an input, identified, from the chairman of the BACC. An input that addresses many of the points raised on this thread, from an identifiable, named individual with "skin in the game."

Is it perhaps an indication of why, despite still being a named moderator on this forum, I no longer take an active interest in the debates simply because such an input has generated exactly no, none, nil, nada comment?

I've just read ten pages of some rationality, but mostly misdirected idiocy at best, and the majority propaganda at worst. Then you get an actual input from someone with skin in the game putting his name to it, and no one even feels it worth commenting on?

Is that what this website has fallen to? Is it merely factions debating without knowledge, is it merely opinions without substance? I admit, since the takeover by the American owners, and their attitude to indemnifying moderators I now merely watch, and don't moderate any more, but this takes the biscuit.

All of you. Get real. Read this forum for what it is, take the best out of it and run with it, ignore the idiots with their polarised opinions, but for the sake of whatever deity you choose to believe in when someone with some with weight behind them, who puts their name to it, and who will back it up and defend it comes on here and posts, for the love of that deity respond!

This forum used to be like that. It isn't any more, it has been hijacked, in the main by points-scorers and trivia-majors. The voices of reason struggle to be heard at the best of times, but there is one right above you.

Use it. That is not rhetoric, that is the reality of how the debate is playing in the real World, from one of those actually doing it, not just talking about it. If you can't see that, then maybe you should go somewhere else and debate, because your input is not , let's face it, really worth it.

That's all I have to say, this is the single simplest example of how this forum will live or die. If it dies, it is not because I, and the other moderators haven't tried over the years, it will be because we have been let down by the posters, first and foremost, because they simply cannot grasp the nettle. And the owners, with their crass disregard for indemnifying a second. You the posters have always came first.

Ten pages I've just read, only about 40 posts were worth the effort. The one above from Airrage trumps them all, but you can't be bothered to see that. And it actually, as is a rarity on this thread, has something relevant to say.

Why do I bother?