PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infamous metmen/women
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2012, 21:33
langleybaston

Received 656 Likes on 236 Posts
Infamous metmen/women

Here we go. I was one such Metperson.

I worked with/under/over some mighty characters, many of whom taught, or attempted to.

Some I learned from and admired. Ken Winspear " 100% more effort 10% better results, your choice". Topcliffe. Ended up a PSO. Dirty jokes told with all the appropriate gestures and accents. Top man.

John Dixon, SMetO Scampton in the last days of the V force. Said to have set up a race with a taking-off Vulcan, JD in his souped up Chevette [!] on the peri track. Result close.

Chris Chubb. Getting out of bed shagged him out, bags of style, cravat, and a dressing gown on the night-bind.

Ann Wiggins. Extraordinary top SMeto Church Fenton, sharp as a razor, took no prisoners, not easy being her boss but real value.

Harry Templeton. Ex-Swordfish aircrew WWII, relaxed boss at Guetersloh.

Effing George ....... Topcliffe, a legend in his own lunch time, shocked even his colleagues with his expletives. One per sentence minimum.

Mac Cameron, SMet Finningley many years, some 7 children, a very good teacher, and a very good boss. Said I would never get on, and did his best to make sure he was wrong.

Pete Tweed. Best briefer we ever had.

And we never found out who piddled in the rain gauge at Leeming.