PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multicrew pilot licence numbers grow as it approaches proof of concept
Old 19th Nov 2012, 20:52
A320baby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Hook,

Its all well and good what you are saying, But there is simply NO jobs.
I got lucky i'm flying A nice shinny jet. It took me 3 years to get my first flying job. Having worked in a previous Career to fund my training.
Believe me I would have liked to start off Instructing then small turbo props working my way up ETC, But there are no jobs here for beginners. Also you must agree how expensive that would be for me, Because I can Guarantee all these companies would want you to pay for type ratings.

When I was in search for a job I took a month off work travelled the whole of the UK personally handing out my CVs to everyone, Flight schools, Small operators Large operators Nearly over 1000 CVs. Only one company got back to me, The company im flying with today.

To say that I had limited experience back then, (and still do now) that im not capable for the job is dam right disrespectful. I have first time passes all my flying career, I do good OPC/LPC time in time out, Good line training spend most of my free time preparing for my next flight, or studying the FCOMS. Just feel your a little harsh there Buddy.

Good evening

Last edited by A320baby; 19th Nov 2012 at 20:54. Reason: Spelling