PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying slowly? PLEASE tell us!!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2003, 13:00
atco-matic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying slowly? PLEASE tell us!!!

Please please guys, if you have an operational requirement to fly below a certain speed then tell ATC when you call on frequency!!!

Reason I ask is that we ATCO's are not mind readers, and the flight plan usually doesn't tell us!! More and more now, we are having to sequence aircraft at intermediate levels for the next controller, especially if inbound to Luton or Stansted. Having done the job for quite a while now, I know approximately how fast a 737 usually flies, and it's not very helpful when you have formulated a plan in your head to find out that the aircraft you vectored to be number one is then unable to maintain 300kts or more with 3 others up his chuff!!!!

I know there was a thing about 737NGs flying at 270kts when de-iced or something, and -credit to those crews- you did mostly tell us, but I'm talking more about crews flying slowly so they don't get to the gate before the ground staff. Please tell me if you want to fly at 250kts in descent in a 747, don't just do it and hope I won't notice!!!