PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2012, 10:52
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jmac taunts industry

What are the ills of society he is referring to?
Well in his eyes the 'ills of society' are firstly anybody who doesn't fly a plane.
Secondly, anybody who dare 'rise against the machine', make passing comment against 'he who shall not be named', or dare expose an infinite measure of fact and truth about the S.S CASA is deemed 'an ill of society'. Interestingly the Senators are questioning Mr Skull's little outfit and commenting in a robust manner, mostly not in favor of Fort Fumble, so are Mr Skull's comments aimed also at the good Senators?

ILL adj. worse (wûrs), worst (wûrst)

1. Not healthy; sick: I began to feel ill last week.
2. Not normal; unsound: an ill condition of body and mind.
3. Resulting in suffering; harmful or distressing: the ill effects of a misconceived policy.
a. Resulting from or suggestive of evil intentions: ill deeds committed out of spite.
b. Ascribing an objectionable quality: holds an ill view of that political group.
c. Hostile or unfriendly: ill feeling between rivals.
d. Harmful; pernicious: the ill effects of a misconceived policy.
5. Not favorable; unpropitious: ill predictions.
6. Not measuring up to recognized standards of excellence, as of behavior or conduct.
adv. worse, worst
1. In a sickly or unsound manner; not well.
2. Scarcely or with difficulty.
n.
1. Evil; sin.
2. Disaster, distress, or harm.
3. Something that causes suffering; trouble: the social ills of urban life.
4. Something that reflects in an unfavorable way on one: Please don't speak ill of me when I'm gone.
Nice description of those in your industry you bald headed .
Perhaps we will all be hung, drawn and quartered before a Star Chamber??

Last edited by gobbledock; 19th Nov 2012 at 10:54. Reason: Preparing my arms and legs with a soothing gel for the impending stocks.