PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2012, 07:29
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phelan provides update!

Paul Phelan from AA provides an update to the inquiry:Pel-Air enquiry update – aviationadvertiser.com.au

Big Mack with a big thank you:
John McCormick thanks staff.
Meanwhile, CASA Director John McCormick has thanked his staff for their input into the Senate process while also firing a vigorous shot across the bows at his organisation’s critics. We publish an extract because we’d hate to be labelled part of the “uninformed minority.”
We recently appeared at a sitting of the Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Reference’s Committee Inquiry into the ‘PEL-AIR’ ditching report and ‘other matters’. I wish to pass on my personal thanks for the outstanding effort everyone made to meet the requests of the Senate Committee inquiring into the PEL-AIR ditching report. I fully appreciate the time and effort that was required and on behalf of everyone else at CASA, thank you and well done! That sort of spirit is very humbling to me.
As for these Inquiries themselves, they are an important part of Westminster Democracy in this country and, as such, are not events to be feared or avoided. I personally welcome the opportunity to present CASA’s positions at any venue.
However, do not be dismayed by our vocal but largely uninformed minority of critics; they are symptomatic of other ills in society. I prefer ‘facts’ when engaged in discussions; not hearsay and tautological rubbish that some others seem to regard as promising material.
I look forward to assisting the Committee conclude its investigations. At the completion of this Inquiry there is a report produced. That report becomes a ‘Report of Parliament’ and will be forwarded, by established process, to the Minister for his consideration.