Thread: Flap retraction
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2012, 02:35
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom

Just noticed in your post.

" If you don't need it it's irrelevant". Too true, but one have to have your eye on the FED.

FSI may be pedantic but the "400ft" clearance remains as a benchmark, is it not he pilots responsibility to satisfy that condition.

Further consider FSI teach on the assumption that this is your Initial, recurrent is a refresher on that so back to "kindly"'perhaps.

How do you teach or recognize different levels of experience/dumbosity. Some of their pupils are smart some are dumb, so they have to default to dumb.

A corporate dept near me had their so called legend in his own lunchbox sent home, despite their considerable teaching skills, as he was unable to handle the upgrade. Not surprised mind you, but humbling for him nonetheless, to his credit he eventually got there but not without an enforceable undertaking to have an approved pilot in the cockpit for a period.

Interesting stuff as the performance of the aircraft we now have improves beyond belief.

I never thought I would ever see M.83 in the climb schedule. Clearly the installed thrust required to get over M.9 in the cruise is way more than necessary to get away from mother earth in a sprightly manner. I hasten to add I am not rated in the type but have spent a bit of time in the sim and aircraft.