PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Run Ups
Thread: Engine Run Ups
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2012, 21:46
Ka8 Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Ecam,

I deliberately mentioned the NG above because there are lot more automatics on the bus, such as the takeoff config memo on the ECAM. Regarding flight control checks, I guess everyone is going to be doing a full control check after the maintenance foul up at DLH where the sidestick roll axis got reversed.

@ Wally,

I'm surprised to read that. Is there a specific reason why you test the config warning 3 times? As to the flight controls, the outfits I'm familiar with will have only the PF test his/her controls when it's not the first flight.

@ All,

I just want to emphasize that what I'm questioning is the procedure of doing run-ups before every takeoff IF the PIC has been sitting in the aircraft the whole time. taxistaxing mentioned a required runup after a full stop landing and taxiing back to the runway for another take off. This would mean, a touch and go will be inherently 'much more dangerous' - or do you perform a runup in that case as well?

Trust me, I'm not a bold pilot and don't take unnecessary risks. Aviation is all about risk assessment and it's just my opinion, that there are cases where I don't think a runup is necessary. But that's all it is - my opinion.