PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Late landing clearance
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2003, 10:40
Viscount Sussex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spitoon,

Thanks for all the information.
I am familiar with the 'land after' instruction and that it is only given in daylight conditions. However, it was good to be reminded of all the other required conditions. Now, on your explanation of the 'late landing clearance' situation, you say:
"There's guidance that says landing clearance should be issued by the time the aircraft gets to 2 miles but the rules effectively permit it to issued almost down to the ground."
OK, so you are suggesting (airmanship and common sense set aside) that the aircraft can legally continue almost to touchdown as long as it gets its landing clearance just before the wheels touch the runway. Is that right? Now, have you got a reference for that?
Again the Low Visivility Conditions are another issue. Hopefully as you said, all the provisos regarding LVO approaches i.e. increased separation between aircraft during approach, etc., should be satisfied.
But, is it written anywhere a minimum height that a missed approach must be carried out if not yet cleared to land.

radar707

Thanks also for your comments.
I was referring (although I didn't state it) to weather conditions better than CAT 1 minima.
So, are you saying that if weather conditions are CAVOK, your minima 200' (above the threshold) and after having received the 'continue approach for a late landing clearance, one to vacate at the end' instruction, you must go around if by 200' you have not be told "Clear to land ". Yes? Again, sorry to ask, but where can it be found in black and white?
Once again ladies and/or gents thanks for your comments and contributions.
Cheers.